The new Galil ACE GEN II is a continuation of the Galil ACE, which is based on the reliable mechanics of the original Galil rifle first developed by IMI in the late 1960’s. Drawing inspiration from the legendary Russian AK-47 and the Finnish Valmet RK 62, the IWI Galil family has been continuously improved over the last 50 years, resulting in today’s extremely reliable and highly accurate Galil ACE GEN II.
Improvements made since the original Galil was first developed and Galil ACE include:
- Charging handle (reciprocating) on the left side of the milled steel receiver allowing for weak hand operation.
- Weight reduction with the use of modern polymers.
- M4 magazine compatibility. (Note that the Galil ACE GEN II rifle is assembled in the US from imported and US parts under 18 U.S.C § 922(r). You should only use magazines made in the USA in your Galil ACE GEN II rifle. Use of an imported magazine may put you in violation of 18 U.S.C § 922(r).)
- Full length 2-piece Picatinny style top rail. (GEN II)
- Free Float M-LOK rail forearm. (GEN II)
- Updated Trigger profile. (GEN II)
- Updated and shorted safety profile and throw. (GEN II)
- Side folding adjustable telescoping buttstock with M4 stock compatibility. Rifles ship with Magpul CTR and riser. Pistols with brace ship with SB Tactical SBA-3. (GEN II)
|Manufacturer||Israel Weapon Industries|
|Barrel Thread Pitch||N/A|
|Brace or Buffer Tube||N/A|